Sunday, July 30, 2017

Truth



I vaguely remember the whole thing about Dan Rather and a news story about GW Bush's National Guard Service but only that it seemed to me that what happened was the story got changed from one about Bush to one about possibly faked documents. That the whole fake documents thing was used to discredit a story that could have been damaging to GW's re-election bid. And that Dan Rather took the fall. And that there was a definite change in news reporting leading up to his departure and after - from actual news and journalism to a more infotainment focused news. Very sad.

As for the movie - I am not a fan of Cate Blanchett's American accent. And there is something about her acting that sometimes irks me. I do like Robert Redford most of the time. And I am a big fan of Topher Grace. Dennis Quaid - hit or miss for me - and the woman from Mad Men (looking it up now) Elizabeth Moss - despite watching all of Mad Men I never really grew to like either her character or her acting.

All that being said, I did enjoy the movie. I thought the story was well presented, the acting, overall, was only a bit over the top. Still not a deserted island pick.

PS Dan Rather was never my favorite news person. I was more of a Walter Cronkite and Peter Jennings fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment