Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Ready Player One

Image result for ready player one poster

Steven Spielberg has made some great movies. This was not one of them. It was good, not great. Fun, not funtastic (sic). Maybe it would have been better on the big screen. Or even better, on the big screen in 3d. But I missed that opportunity. On the little screen, it was, well, just another science fiction movie. Better writing than many. And it had Simon Pegg in it - who I really like. He and Martin Freeman are doing a lot of great work! (Not that Martin was in this movie - just an observation) Crazy computer wiz develops the next thing after the internet and evil corporations want to hijack it. There is a competition to get control of the network - upstarts (kids) vs the establishment/corporations. Some great animation. Some fun script points. But not his best work to date. Maybe even Empire of the Sun is better...Still worth a watch!

I learned (though I ought to have known) that I could copy and paste graphics I find on the internet rather than downloading them and uploading them. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment