Saturday, February 17, 2018

Battle of the Sexes



With dinner one night I watched Battle of the Sexes starring Emma Stone and Steve Carrell as Billie Jean King (I had a tennis racket that had her name on it (I don't think it was really hers...) when I was a kid at camp back in the 70s. She was my tennis hero for a long time. I also liked Chris Everett and later, Martina Hingis...yay tennis!)) and Bobby Riggs. I vaguely recalled the event from my childhood. I did know that Billie Jean King won, so there wasn't really any suspense for me. I was surprised by other aspects of the film, like Billie Jean's discovering she liked women more than men. I mean, I know she did, but not that she didn't explore those options till that time in her life. And Bobby's circumstances. It was good, not great somehow. Glad I watched it for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment