Monday, February 12, 2018

Creation - Book

In my quest to read all the books in the house (hahahahahahaha) I picked out this volume as one of the books to take on my trip to Florida to see the Falcon Heavy’s inaugural launch. I knew Gore Vidal’s name, as I am the progeny of two Enlgish Professors, but had never read one of his books. This is an oversight that has no been corrected and I look forward to reading more of his work. This particular Historical Novel is set in the past - around 500BC. It is told as remeniscences of a man who was raised in Persia at the height of its power. He ended up being an Ambassador to both India and China. Lots of cool information and historical detail. The man in his travels encounters many people, including the Buddha and Confuscios. Great read if anyone likes that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment