Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Parks and Recreation - TV series



I was not an Amy Poehler fan before I started watching this show. And, honestly, I still am not a huge fan. (She didn't annoy me more than she was supposed to in this role.) That being said, I really, really enjoyed Parks and Recreation - way more than I thought I would. At first I thought it was a direct rip-off of The Office (at least the American Version). Then, as I watched, I became quite attached to the characters. Leslie Knope, Amy Poehler's character, is an annoying, over acheiving, naive do gooder. She is surrounded by a bunch of characters including her taciturn boss Ron, nebbish Garry/Larry/Terry, puppy dog Tom (one scene had each of the characters be represented by their spirit dog - very cute - it would have been funny to have a bit of the episode with dogs being the characters with dialogue by the actors...) etc. It was kinda cool how Amy got to have quite a few cameos from Politicians during the course of the show. And lots of small rolls by her former cast mates from Saturday Night Live. All in all, good fun. If you like sit coms that will make you tear up occasionally, this might be a good show for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment