Sunday, July 15, 2018

Attack the Block



Why did I rent this movie? I have no good answer for that. Am I glad I did? Not really. Am I miffed? Not really.

Here's the story - a group of teenagers help defeat an alien invasion that is centered on their block. Right. The special effects were ok. The story was ok. The acting was ok. The movie was - you guessed it - ok. Nothing all that special. A few moments of humor and that was about it.

If you have to see every Sci-Fi movie that comes out - don't miss this one. Otherwise, only watch it if you have nothing better to do. Which I didn't. I guess. Though I could have scrubbed the kitchen floor...I just saw that it was from the producers of Shaun of the Dead. No comparison. Shaun is brilliant. This one just felt a bit flat and contrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment