Sunday, September 17, 2017

Dark Shadows



Tim Burton and Johnny Depp worked together to create a movie version of the TV show (about which I only know the name). I have mixed feelings about both Tim Burton and Johnny Depp. When the work gels, it is excellent. This movie just felt a bit off somehow. Maybe it was the 20 minutes of exposition at the beginning, which, though necessary was still long. I didn't really like any of the characters in the movie. And the plot sort of lumped along. Good effects. I don't know, just not a huge fan of this movie. Yes, it was an origin story, and maybe the original had characters that people grew to love. I just didn't like any of them. Oh well. Chloe was in it, so that was a good thing. I think that might have been how I came upon this movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment