Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Private Fears in Public Places (Coeurs)


Hearts is a much simpler title. The English title comes from Alan Ayckbourn's play. There were some good performances in this darkish comedy about love and missed connections. And some oddities - like the kinky life of the rental agency worker. And again, it had some resonances with me - the bartender character took care of his mother till she passed and then took in his estranged father to do his best at taking care of him too. It is hard looking for one's own relationship when one is a caregiver, or at least that was my experience. I would recommend this film for people who like Alan Ayckbourn or movies about love (even the missed sort of love...) Still not an island film yet. How many of those do I get, BTW? I was thinking five...

No comments:

Post a Comment