Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Godless - Mini Series


I had high hopes for this series. But after the first episode, I knew I ought to lower my expectations just a smidge. Which I did. And then it was all good. To start with, I am not a huge fan of the actress who played the lead. Mary from Downton Abbey. And I had never seen the lead actor before. I liked that there were some Native Americans in the movie. And some people of color. And some LGBQ people. Very diverse. Which is not what one (well, I) generally think of the West - though I am sure it was much more of a melting pot than I give it credit for being. Anyway, basically, a "bad" guy turns up and is nursed back to health by Mary. Meanwhile, his bad guy friends are trying to hunt him down and kill him. And the town he has come to is inhabited almost solely by women after a mining accident took most of the men folk. There is a company who wants to take advantage of the women. And the aforementioned bad guys. And love triangles all over the place. Fun, but not excellent. Thank you Tim for the suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment