Monday, June 4, 2018

The Eagle Huntress



I carried this movie across the country with me. And I had the wherewithal to watch it, if I could have motivated myself to do so. But I didn't. I ended up watching soon after I got back to Geneva.
There was something odd about the movie. I can't put my finger on it. I mean, would the documentary seen the light of day if the elders had forbid the girl the right to be an Eagle Hunter (Huntress?). It just seems to be way too lucky how everything turned out. Still, who am I to quibble. It was a beautiful movie, full of great photography of the amazing countryside and eagles, eagles everywhere! They did do the documentary thing of playing with time a little bit, which always irks me for some reason. Still, an enjoyable film, all things considered! Oh, brief synopsis: girl wants to become the first Eagle Huntress in 12 generations. Her dad is supportive. As are some others. Some, of course, oppose this break with tradition. What ever will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment