Saturday, June 23, 2018

The Incurable Romantic - Book



Yes, I finally read another book! Yay! Maybe this means that I will get back on the reading bandwagon. Anything is possible.

Alice saw the title and read the blurbs for this book and gifted it to me. Very thoughtful.

The author has written a few books - mostly about psychology since he was a pyschologist for much of his working life. At least one other of his books is about love as well.

In this one, he tells a few case stories, mixed with personal history and other tidbits. I did not know that it is only in 40% of the cultures that kissing is part of lovemaking. (Not sure that is the actual quote or number, but it is something like that.

I liked his writing style and I liked the case studies. Part of me always wanted to be a psychologist. And it made me realize, once again, that I am in the middle of the scale - so, fairly normal. Some of these people weren't...And he pointed out that everyone who loves passionately is crazy during that period (or those periods) of time. Yay crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment