Friday, August 4, 2017

Jeeves and Wooster

For some reason, I have been calling it Wooster and Jeeves. Anyway, again, my pea brain can't recall where I first heard about this show - based on books by PG Wodehouse. But I added it to my Netflix list - and then, when I had the epiphany about the Library System and movie borrowing, I looked for it there - and lo, there appeared the complete series! Huzzuh!

This show was great fun. I feel like saying "What Ho!" to everyone I meet now. It was a bit formulaic, but one expects that of Sit-Com like series. Hugh Laurie was great as the vapid aristocrat. I never did figure out just who he was. Maybe a royal of some kind? Steven Frye was great as the valet with the brain of gold (to mix a metaphor). The series got a little ridiculous towards the end. I guess this means I might need to read the books. Sigh.

Also, it is a period piece - so people who like costume dramas or the 20s will enjoy it. Pip Pip.

Not quite a desert island selection, but it might make it into the life boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment