Monday, August 7, 2017

Paper Towns


Must have been a "preview movie" (a movie that I decided to add to my list because I saw a preview). Regardless, it was a pleasant film - a coming of age sort of film. Gee, that seems to be a popular genre. Or maybe it is just popular with me. Hmm. Anyway, decent acting, decent story. And I relearned something: paper towns are fake towns that map makers put on their maps to help them know if their maps have been copied illegally. What a cool idea. (There was an interesting use of that idea on Doctor Who.) All in all, a decent watch! Still not an island movie. Maybe a peninsula movie?

The movie showed an odd behavior in my VCR. It played all of the trailers and then when it was supposed to show the screen where one can choose to play the movie or look at other stuff on the disk, the tv was blank. I popped it out twice since I thought it was a bad disk. Then the third time, just for giggles, I tried hitting play and the movie played. Weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment