Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Newsroom



I really like Aaron Sorkin's work. Really. Truly. I wouldn't lie about something like that...I have seen most of the shows that I know he has been associated. And almost all of each of those. I guess I need to find Sports Night and watch it completely to round out my Sorkin experience. Anyway, I had heard about this show and really wanted to watch it. Not enough to fork out money for HBO, but badly enough. Then a friend, Mary, mentioned watching an episode. Since I was on my library Video kick, I decided to see if the show was available. Lo and behold, it was! Huzzuh! Three Seasons. Which I watched in truly bingeful fashion. Great stuff. I liked the actors, I liked the stories. I liked the long arc of the whole series. I would, if someone wanted to watch them with me, watch the series again. There were a few irskome bits here and there - nothing too terrible - an actor who wasn't my favorite, a few Sorkin-esque signature bits of dialogue here and there, but nothing to turn me off. I have become a huge Olivia Munn fan - and need to go to IMDB and farm her profile for movies. So, would it make it to the island? Probably not - Studio 60 is more likely than The Newsroom - but it would definitely make it to the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment