Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Office (American)



I just finished watching all 9 seasons of The Office (American Version). I am sure that it doesn't compare to The Office (British Original Version) because, come on, Ricky Gervais is a genius. Steve Carrell is good and everything. As is the rest of the cast. Having not (yet) watched TOBOV, I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the first three seasons of TOAV are pretty similar in tone and uncomfortableness to it's British Counterpart. After that, the tone shifts a little bit (or a lot) and the show became more about finding everyone's sparks of humanity inside their caricatures. And there is the whole Pam and Jim love story angle. Anyway, I am glad I watched it! Not quite desert island material, but definitely on the boat!

Just found out that Netflix has The Office (British). Yay! My next binge is destermined!

No comments:

Post a Comment