Friday, October 6, 2017

Book - Basilica

When abroad, I usually don't have a lot of time for reading. This trip is significantly different. Luckily, my friend(s) have accumulated some reading material. The first book to be finished was Basilica by William D. Montalbano. I wonder if he is related to Ricardo Montalban...The book is described as a thriller. It definitely fit the genre. The protagonist is a hard lifed Brother living in Rome helping out himself and his friend the Pope. Long story. Fun read. A little too heavy on the faith aspect (I think at least three miracles is a bit much for one book). Still, despite missing a few pages in the middle, which did nothing I guess to advance the story too much, it was a fun, quick read. I wouldn't object to reading another with the same characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment