Sunday, October 22, 2017

Unspeakable - Book

From the cover, I thought this book might be a romance in disguise - which it was. See, you can judge a book by its cover. The story is about a boy who meets a girl and they fall in love. See, a romance. The side stories were: the man has a secret troubled past, the woman is deaf and a has a child and her husband has conveniently died tragically. There is a slimy bank guy trying to buy the ranch. A psychopath or three or four are rampaging and have it out for the family of the deaf girl (her included). A retired sheriff needs closure on a case that has been bugging him for 22 years. And on and on and on. Ok, I am making out to be more formulaic than it is. It was a decent book. Not great. I don't know that I would go out of my way to read another Sandra Brown book, but I also wouldn't kick one out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment