Friday, October 6, 2017

Swamp Thing

I came upon a list of Science Fiction movies the other day (I think I have mentioned it elsewhere) and decided to see as many of them as I could. The last 8 or so were animated movies and I have chosen to put those on the back burner for now. One I did not choose to back burner was Swamp Thing. When I was younger, much younger, and reading a lot of comics and collecting a few, I read one or two issues of Swamp Thing. Not the best but not the worst. The movie version was ok. It was very 80s, so if that is something you like, this might be a movie for you. It is an origin story, so there is a lot of exposition and not a lot of plot. Just girl meets boy, boy gets turned into a monster, bad people want to steal the research and capture girl so monster saves the day and the girl. Fun stuff. My main complaint about the movie was the Swamp Thing just wasn't slimy enough. Maybe it is time for a modern treatment so that Swamp Thing can be just as awesomely messy as he was in the comics.

(Poster Coming one day perhaps when I once again have zippy internet)

No comments:

Post a Comment