Sunday, October 15, 2017

Final Flight (Book)

After reading one Stephen Coonts book, I was happy to find another one in the piles of books on the lending library shelf in one of the places I am frequenting in Costa Rica. This one is about Jake Grafton, a secondary character (sort of) in the Tommy C. book I recently read. I wanted to see what made him so revered by his fellows. This book is about an attempted hijacking of some nuclear weapons from an American aircraft carrier. Great details about all the workings of the big ship, good action, a little bit of romance mixed in, spies and subterfuges galore. Even a crazy Middle Eastern dictator thrown into the mix. I thought Jake Grafton in this book wasn't presented as a super heroically as I had thought he would be. He made mistakes and was slow on the uptake here and there. Overall, an enjoyable read. If I stumble on more of them (Stephen Coonts books), I will probably read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment