Monday, October 9, 2017

Book - Rasputin's Shadow

One of the cool things about Neuvo Arenal is that because of the large-ish population of expats there are a few places that have lending libraries of books in English (and maybe other languages - but since I can read best in English...). My friend has a bunch of books as well. So, since I am media poor (my laptop's sound has given up the ghost for some reason) I am getting to flex my reading muscles. This time, I read a thriller by Raymond Khoury called Rasputin's Shadow. Lots of things of interest to me in this book. Being a little bit of a Russophile, anything about Russia is cool by me. And Rasputin has always held a bit of fascination. Also, I like thrillers. So there we are. This book is sort of part of a series. The books obviously stand alone since I didn't feel like I was missing anything too important by not having read the previous installments. These characters are interesting and, if I am really bored and in a reading mood, I will look for more of these books when I return stateside. This particular book is about Reilly, an FBI agent who is trying to find out who messed up his kid and at the same time trying to figure out what happened to a Russian Agent who was thrown out of a six floor apartment window. Mind control plays a large part in this book. And the bad guy is pretty bad. All in all a good fun read!

No comments:

Post a Comment