Thursday, October 12, 2017

Book - Run for the Money

The book jacket's base color was pink. It looked like it was from a Romance Novel publishing company. But I read it anyway. Did I mention that I have thought of writing Romance Novels? I started one once, but got nowhere quickly. I wonder if I lived in Paradise if I would write more and might be able to crank out one for two or a dozen of them eventually. Hmm. Anyway, this book was a combination Romance and thriller. The protagonist is one "Pink" Pearl, a CPA who gets framed for embezzling and for killing an arch rival. And it gets crazier from there. As a thriller, there were too many deus ex machina's for me - the heroine keeps getting rescued by external people, some of whom we know, others we don't. Also, too much reliance on people's poor observation skills - four of the main characters, well, five if you include pink, make themselves over so well as to be basically unidentifiable, even to people close to them. Two lead complete double lives. Two lead a main life and a secondary life. And pink dresses up as someone else well enough to fool one of the others. Ok, this is why I didn't love this book. Was it ok? Sure. Good, no. Great, definitely now. If someone likes romance novels or simplistically written books, this would be a good read. With its convoluted plot, its outrageous contrivances, it just wasn't the best book for me. Which means, that if I find the first one lying around somewhere, I will probably read it. And I am interested to know who she resolves the love triangle (two not to be believed men are both crazy in love with her, as she is with them - sigh). 

No comments:

Post a Comment